vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: General :: General :: Once in a Lifetime Events - View Topic (Page 3 of 4)Page: 1 2 3 4
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
Sven

pm
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (8th Oct 08 at 9:28pm UTC)
$5USD is about 2 pounds in the UK.

Proud Owner Of www.passportstudios.com
Proud Business Partner Of www.pardio.net
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 3:17am UTC)
Oh ok. and what are pounds?

See I bet if I go into another country I would be so lost {Tongue Out} Like I wanna move to Japan, but I do not understand their money system {Unsure}
Marc
vChat Developer
I <3 Rossy

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 3:28am UTC)
Pounds are UK's version of the dollar.
Pence are UK's version of the cent.

rroll.to— Shorten a link, rickroll your friends.
dog199200
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 3:45am UTC)

I was at a Hedley concert 2 summers ago, and caught Chris Crippin's drumstick. A moment later I was tackled and the stick went flying. {Tongue Out}

Hey at least it was a bunch of women and not a bunch of anal retentive old men. {Tongue Out}
Paul Shepherd

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 5:35pm UTC)
$10 is £5 in the UK, but I've never seen concert tickets under £35 ($70), at least not for a band worth seeing.
The exception being the tickets George got me recently for Coheed & Cambria, at £20 ($40).

Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 6:01pm UTC)
Whoa so an expensive ticket here like lets say they are $250 would be less expensive there?
Marc
vChat Developer
I <3 Rossy

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 8:49pm UTC)

Whoa so an expensive ticket here like lets say they are $250 would be less expensive there?

The value of the money is far more important than the number itself. While yes, you're paying $250 and they're paying £125; you're both, in essence, losing the same amount of money.

tricky.cb

[Avatar]

pmwwwmsngtalk
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (9th Oct 08 at 11:26pm UTC)

$5USD is about 2 pounds in the UK.

Not quite.. 5 U.S. Dollars is more like 2.9 pounds.

Paul Shepherd

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 12:04am UTC)

The value of the money is far more important than the number itself. While yes, you're paying $250 and they're paying £125; you're both, in essence, losing the same amount of money.

Exactly. I tend to halve $ for £, although that's not accurate anymore. It's more 5/3 I think than 5/2.5 now. Still, halving is generally an easy way to come up with a rough figure.

Either way, Darkmage, like Marc said, £125 is worth the same as $250.

Marc
vChat Developer
I <3 Rossy

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 1:20am UTC)

Exactly. I tend to halve $ for £, although that's not accurate anymore. It's more 5/3 I think than 5/2.5 now. Still, halving is generally an easy way to come up with a rough figure.

Either way, Darkmage, like Marc said, £125 is worth the same as $250.

$1 U.S. is 58.7 pence.

Yay @ Vista currency sidebar widget! {Grin}

Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 4:56pm UTC)
Ahh I see.

@ Marc, I took that off {Tongue Out} Maybe I should download it so I can learn XD
dog199200
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 7:59pm UTC)
Anyone interested in renaming this thread "World Currency" ? You gusy went off the original thread topic {Tongue Out} So the next currency of the day is the Tollar {Smile}
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events + Currency (10th Oct 08 at 9:08pm UTC)
Posted By dog199200 on 10th Oct 08 at 7:59pm

Anyone interested in renaming this thread "World Currency" ? You gusy went off the original thread topic {Tongue Out} So the next currency of the day is the Tollar {Smile}

XD {Tongue Out} look at the title of my post {Cheesy}
Graham
Support Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 10:43pm UTC)
One of mine was at a gig - Foo Fighters

I can't say i was a massive fan when i saw them - i'd heard their staple hits but not a lot else so i was wary that i'd enjoy it. The support acts gradually got better to get me in the mood - The Futureheads (rubbish), Supergrass (good) then the Foos. All i can say is: mindblowing.

I think the pinnacle came during one of their final songs, All My Life. It was really dark (gone 10pm), it was raining a fair bit but that didn't stop anyone from bouncing around like lunatics - you really got caught up in the moment, hugging and jumping about arm in arm with people you'd never even met before but you knew you were sharing an experience that was so rare and at the time, so perfect. You were tired after being on your feet for 4-5 hours but the music, the location (Wembley stadium, so huge: 85,000+) meant that the pure adrenalin kept you going right until the end - having everyone singing the chorus of My Hero on the walk to the tube afterwards was awesome too.

While they're not my favourite band, and i was rain and sweat drenched it was a time i'd love to repeat over and over - gigs just don't get any better.
Paul Shepherd

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Once in a Lifetime Events (10th Oct 08 at 11:54pm UTC)

One of mine was at a gig - Foo Fighters

I can't say i was a massive fan when i saw them - i'd heard their staple hits but not a lot else so i was wary that i'd enjoy it. The support acts gradually got better to get me in the mood - The Futureheads (rubbish), Supergrass (good) then the Foos. All i can say is: mindblowing.

I think the pinnacle came during one of their final songs, All My Life. It was really dark (gone 10pm), it was raining a fair bit but that didn't stop anyone from bouncing around like lunatics - you really got caught up in the moment, hugging and jumping about arm in arm with people you'd never even met before but you knew you were sharing an experience that was so rare and at the time, so perfect. You were tired after being on your feet for 4-5 hours but the music, the location (Wembley stadium, so huge: 85,000+) meant that the pure adrenalin kept you going right until the end - having everyone singing the chorus of My Hero on the walk to the tube afterwards was awesome too.

While they're not my favourite band, and i was rain and sweat drenched it was a time i'd love to repeat over and over - gigs just don't get any better.

And oh how I hate you =[
Was it you that I nearly bought a ticket off? I know someone at PBS offered me a Foo's ticket and I couldn't afford it at the time...

Printable View
Page: 1 2 3 4