Printable View
Amy

pm
Can't Login (27th Nov 10 at 5:03pm UTC)
Forum URL: www.smile1.vforums.co.uk
Experienced By: Moderator
Browser:
Operating System:

Problem: My moderator can't log in? when he tries to log in it just returns to the login screen, he has tied deleting temp internet cookies, reboot etc, I set a new password and logged his account on line nps, he tried this new password but got Invalid password message, I sent for a new password to be sent to him , but he still could not log in although when i clicked on his name he showed as online, but was on the members on line on home page as a guest ( checked ip)

He installed some software to his pc last night to hide his PM ( due to some bother on a diff forum) he has deleted this but could this be the problem as he was logging on ok before, his IP addy is still vissable to me on this forum.

Be grateful for any help with this please.

Amy {Smile}
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Can't Login (28th Nov 10 at 8:14pm UTC)
What about clearing Cache, and the DNS? What Browser does he use, and what Operating system does he have?
Amy

pm
Re: Can't Login (28th Nov 10 at 9:03pm UTC)

What about clearing Cache, and the DNS? What Browser does he use, and what Operating system does he have?

Thanks Nick for your reply, I will tell/ask him regards clearing Cache and DNS, but could you or someone give details of how to do this please, regards browsers he has tried IE ( not sure which version) Firefox and Opera , his operating system is XP .

Thanks Amy {Smile}

Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Can't Login (28th Nov 10 at 11:36pm UTC)
Hi Amy,

Sounds like he's having trouble with his Cookies being set. Although because he has tried in multiple browsers it seems unlikely to be something browser specific. Can you ask him if he has any firewall/anti virus software setup which may be preventing cookies from being set?

- Ross

Printable View