Clipart queen

pmwwwvForum
Time (13th Apr 10 at 7:53pm UTC)
Forum URL:http://chenschattingplace.vforums.us/
Experienced By:me
Browser: Google Chrome
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Problem:

The time is off by 11 minutes, just 11 minutes, so is there any way to fix that? It's actually 3:53 and if I post at that time it would say 3:42. Not a big deal, but sometimes it confuses me.

Chen's Chat PlaceChen's PlaceChen's HangoutChen's ClubChensplaceChen's BoredhouseChen's Clubhouse
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 8:11pm UTC)
When Ross (or maybe Graham) get on, they'll be able to sort the time of the Server {Smile}
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 8:25pm UTC)
You're an hour ahead of me, and you posted that at 2:53pm (as it shows to me.) Currently it's 3:25 CST.

I use FireFox 3.6.3 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

So I am guessing either you have something wrong, or it's your computer. (Computers can be off time.)
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 8:37pm UTC)

You're an hour ahead of me, and you posted that at 2:53pm (as it shows to me.) Currently it's 3:25 CST.

So I am guessing either you have something wrong, or it's your computer. (Computers can be off time.)

The support forum is running on a different server, if you view her forum you will see that it indeed minutes behind, as is mine. {Smile}
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 10:15pm UTC)
Hi,

I'll put a request in with our server guys to get the clock re-sync'ed.

- Ross

Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 10:42pm UTC)

The support forum is running on a different server, if you view her forum you will see that it indeed minutes behind, as is mine. {Smile}

Oh I see. Mine is an hour behind, even though I changed the -6 to -5 (I think that's how you are supposed to do that. {Tongue Out} )
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Time (13th Apr 10 at 10:49pm UTC)

Oh I see. Mine is an hour behind, even though I changed the -6 to -5 (I think that's how you are supposed to do that. {Tongue Out} )

The general timezone used is based on your PC clock - you should check that is correct (some browsers require you to restart them before they'll use the new PC time)

I have just heard back from one of the server guys that the time has now been corrected. They've also enabled an automatic update system (ntp service) which should stop it from getting so bad in the future.

Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 12:00am UTC)

The general timezone used is based on your PC clock - you should check that is correct (some browsers require you to restart them before they'll use the new PC time)

I have just heard back from one of the server guys that the time has now been corrected. They've also enabled an automatic update system (ntp service) which should stop it from getting so bad in the future.

I just installed Win7 again the other day, and I chose CST -6 So it is correct. I also just checked it, and it is in the correct time zone. and the next DST is November 7, 2010 2AM {Smile}

But I did check iDirectory Support forum, and seems as changing it to -5 changed it to the correct time, yet -6 is supposed to be correct one. {Tongue Out} That's how I been corresponding with the time changes, is changing -6 to -5 and vise versa.
Miss Jess

[Avatar]
Clipart queen

pmwwwvForum
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 12:07am UTC)
it is correct now, though parts of my forum are using the 24 hour format (which I don't like but oh well)

Chen's Chat PlaceChen's PlaceChen's HangoutChen's ClubChensplaceChen's BoredhouseChen's Clubhouse
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 11:55am UTC)

Nit is correct now, though parts of my forum are using the 24 hour format (which I don't like but oh well)

Hi,

I've just updated some of the date formats so they should all use the same format (12 hour format). It didn't really make sense having half and half but I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out {Cheesy}

You may need to do a hard refresh to see the changes as your browser may have cached the old file. To do this, go to your forum and press the "Ctrl" and "F5" keys on your keyboard at the same time.

- Ross

Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 4:38pm UTC)
I noticed it awhile ago, but thought it was intentional. As it was in the Info Center, most of the time. {Tongue Out}
dog199200
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 9:03pm UTC)
I must be blind {Unsure} I seriously never noticed any of this
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Time (14th Apr 10 at 10:26pm UTC)
Posted By dog199200 on 14th Apr 10 at 9:03pm

I must be blind {Unsure} I seriously never noticed any of this

Like I say, I never noticed it until it was pointed out. Posts made either Today or Yesterday used a 12 hour format whereas older ones used a 24 hour format. I had to scroll up and down a topic a couple of times just to check {Tongue Out}

Printable View