vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Support :: Bot Question - View Topic (Page 2 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
dog199200
Re: Bot Question (21st Dec 09 at 9:18pm UTC)
No problem, i'm kind of wondering myself how they are registering.
Jpeterson

[Avatar]

pmmsn
Re: Bot Question (21st Dec 09 at 9:30pm UTC)
Could they not be disabling JavaScript in the browser which is bypassing the disabled registration allowing them to register?

Aiken

[Avatar]

pmtwitterskypemsnyahooxfire
Re: Bot Question (21st Dec 09 at 9:33pm UTC)
I doubt that, disabling of registration isn't Javascript

vF forums:
Perfect World RP
BLEACH Universe - Under Construction / Testing Phase
Xen Qarna RP - Stage I
Vyren Entar Battle Network RP - Under Construction / Maintenance Mode Enabled
the Final Anime Hideout
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Bot Question (21st Dec 09 at 11:53pm UTC)
Full tracking has been put in place. Now lets just wait and see... {Cool}

If you could let me know when someone else registers on there that would be great. Just in case they are somehow getting past the tracking {Unsure}

dog199200
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 5:28am UTC)
Ok i will, the person seems to be registering 3 accounts very day {Unsure} so i'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if more get registered.
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 5:49am UTC)
How are they able to know your forum? I don't even know it. {Tongue Out} You have it well hidden from the vF Directory, so who else could have gotten to your forum, other than your staff?
dog199200
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 5:52am UTC)
lol i don't know how that are finding it {Unsure}

the reason I have it hidden is because I ain't completely ready to fully setup the databases, unless I would have it completely up and running very room. Mainly need to complete the registration, and get a static IP address for my server, and then get it to that the databases are all in sync, and its all ready to go. Game and all {Smile}
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 5:58am UTC)
I am assuming I found it, which was quite easy really. {Tongue Out} I'll PM you on how I found your forum.
dog199200
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 6:28am UTC)
Ross, found the problem.... After all the times i've tried to register an account for testing with the api, it finally started working {Unsure} so they are registering via the api
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 6:33am UTC)
{Cheesy} I was guessing that it might be that. was 50/50 on that. I was like, that doesn't seem right, if he disabled registration, how on earth are they registering. Then I just found the register button on his site, and asked him if it was ok, and it worked. {Tongue Out} Of course it wouldn't let me login, but I was able to register.
dog199200
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 6:40am UTC)
you should be able to login. In fact it should of logged you in automatically {Unsure} but I noticed your account was made and you said it was from the api and i tested it and it went through {Unsure} the thing is I haven't changed anything on it in days. Either way the forums internal registration is disabled. Just need to find a way to disable the api registration, maybe for now just removed the code and save a copy to my desktop till i code in all the database writing.

Anyways Thank Ross and DM

Edit: Ross some think i've noticed though is that with the api, if the suer try to make an account and they use an preexisting username, it logs them in when they hit register, instead fo showing the error that the account doesn't exist, which based on what i've seen within the api, you already have those check in place, yet they ain't working.
Nick
Very Senior Member

[Avatar]

pmwww
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 6:51am UTC)
No I was not able to login. Told me I had the wrong ID/Password. and logging in on the forum is a no go either. {Tongue Out}

But you are welcome. {Smile}
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 9:19am UTC)
If an existing username is used it depends on what settings are sent to the API. It can either just return a failure or try for X times to find an available username, eg. username2

@ Darkmage, is it possible the account was registered as username2, username3 etc? Try checking the most recent members on the forum or (if the API told it to send it) your welcome e-mail.

@ Dwight, most strange. Glad we've sorted how they're registering though. I haven't changed anything on the registration API recently other than add a load of tracking {Confused} Maybe the system is so clever it debugs and fixes itself {Tongue Out}

dog199200
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 10:00am UTC)
Hmm ok well i ain't using the username finding at all, but its not sending an error at all, its just logging the person in. I've tested it a few times after DM realized the API is working lol.

Also the API is not sending an welcome email or confirmation or any form. But from what i was reading in the API notes, thats something I have to setup myself, but if its not then that don't work.

LOL maybe
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Bot Question (22nd Dec 09 at 10:15am UTC)
Posted By dog199200 on 22nd Dec 09 at 10:00am

Hmm ok well i ain't using the username finding at all, but its not sending an error at all, its just logging the person in. I've tested it a few times after DM realized the API is working lol.

Also the API is not sending an welcome email or confirmation or any form. But from what i was reading in the API notes, thats something I have to setup myself, but if its not then that don't work.

LOL maybe

The API can send the welcome e-mail for you, if you tell it to. I checked the log I setup on there and your call to the API is sending the parameter "skip_email=1", when that is sent it tells the API to skip the e-mail sending.

I checked what the API is throwing back when you try to register an existing username and if there is an error it throws back a string, eg. "The requested username already exists (username)". For a success, it should be throwing back an array of the user data (eg. username, display name, profile data etc.)

Printable View
Page: 1 2 3