vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: System Improvements :: Suggestions :: Manual Account Verification - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
dog199200
Manual Account Verification (21st Feb 10 at 11:52pm UTC)
i think the admin account should have the ability to manually set the accounts status to verified. Its a pain in the butt when trying to setup a test account or when someone signs up to help you and they have to validate their email like everyone else when it be quicker to just bypass it. I'm sure other people can agree with me that this should be added, though we each may have our own reasons why.
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Manual Account Verification (22nd Feb 10 at 12:29am UTC)
Simply disable validation {Smile}
dog199200
Re: Manual Account Verification (22nd Feb 10 at 4:38am UTC)
Nope there is reasons to have it enabled. Plus I have a lot of checks put in place that check for the account to be verified. Plus adding in something like this allows the admin to reset every account to have everyone reverify their accounts.

Edit: if needed i'll explain more into that later, i am stressed beyond reason and feel very sick right about now so my brain isn't functioning.
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Manual Account Verification (19th Mar 10 at 9:16pm UTC)
Unfortunately we cannot allow that. The e-mail verification procedure is there to protect your forum just as much as its' there to protect our servers. Without it spammers would be able to send out messages to anyone they want via our servers. It's hard enough ensuring we stay off of black lists without inviting people to send spam {Unsure}

dog199200
Re: Manual Account Verification (20th Mar 10 at 7:40am UTC)
I understand, but i still don't exactly see how its a big problem as long as the main admin account doesn't get hacked/cracked, since i was talking about only the main admin account would have the option. Right about now Even if it can just be set to verified, and not be able to be turned off, it be a lot better.
Marc
vChat Developer
I <3 Rossy

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmwww
Re: Manual Account Verification (21st Mar 10 at 4:29am UTC)
Posted By dog199200 on 20th Mar 10 at 7:40am

I understand, but i still don't exactly see how its a big problem as long as the main admin account doesn't get hacked/cracked, since i was talking about only the main admin account would have the option. Right about now Even if it can just be set to verified, and not be able to be turned off, it be a lot better.

What Ross means is that without the email verification, someone could create a forum, add hundreds of accounts, manually verify their accounts, then send them all a bunch of spam.

rroll.to— Shorten a link, rickroll your friends.
 Printable View