vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Announcements :: Private Conversations Implementation Begins - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Private Conversations Implementation Begins (24th Apr 08 at 6:05pm UTC)
Our new private conversations system takes a whole new approach for users communication with one another by enabling them to have full coversations with multiple users. A shortlist of the new features would include:
- Topic view for messages
- Search all sent / receieved messages
- Quick reply to messages
- Backup conversations
- Label conversations
- Add/Remove participants
- Modify sent messages
- Improved new message notification

This system has been running on the support forum for nearly 3 weeks and I am now confident that there are no issues with either the private conversations system or the converter for transferring old messages into the new system. So I am happy to announce that we will now be pushing ahead with this upgrade.

Forum admins now have the ability to convert their forum to use the new private conversations system. This upgrade can be started by the main admin by clicking the "Upgrade Now" link at the top of their admin panel.

In approximately a week (provided no issues arise) I will start a mandatory conversion procedure for any forums still using the old system. It will be around this time that any new forums registered will be given the new conversations system automatically.

For details on how to use the new system please see this FAQ: Private Conversations / Messages
If you have any further questions, then please post below and I will do my best to address any queries or concerns you may have.

- Ross
- vForums Staff

ashkir

[Avatar]

pmtwitterskypemsnyahoo
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (25th Apr 08 at 9:57am UTC)
GMail feel!

Smiley
kyoshi

pm
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (28th Apr 08 at 6:06pm UTC)
I really like the private conversation system Ross - it's very unique and very easy to use. First class! I've said this before but I'll say it again, for young guys you're all doing one heck of a great job and are all very balanced in your tones for your ages... I haven't came across a better forum and it's very reasonable priced for the banner-free option. Keep up the great work you coding maniacs! {Wink} LOL
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (28th Apr 08 at 6:59pm UTC)
I've started to convert the remaining forums. I'm estimating this will take a total of about 3 hours to complete. I've set the conversion to run quite slowly so that it should have no affect on the servers overall performance {Smile}

Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (28th Apr 08 at 11:43pm UTC)
The convertor threw up a few errors so has not yet converted all forums. I've paused it for now as I do not want to leave it running while I'm unavaliable. Conversions will resume in the morning. As before, you can choose to update your forum yourself via the admin panel.

Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (29th Apr 08 at 7:41pm UTC)
All forums have now completed the upgrade.

ajay
Re: Private Conversations Implementation Begins (29th Apr 08 at 7:53pm UTC)

All forums have now completed the upgrade.

Yay, That's Cool! {Smile}
 Printable View