vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Testimonials
We know a number of users have switched to vForums after having used rival forum services. It is great to see that you prefer our services but that doesn't mean you should be disrespectful towards your previous provider.
This is why we ask users to not mention the names of other providers here. If you want to compare us to another service then just refer to them as "Another Forum Provider" or something similar.

Thanks for reading
- vForums Support Team

vForums Support :: System Improvements :: Testimonials :: I love it - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
benalmick
I love it (20th Feb 08 at 10:23pm UTC)
I have been fiddling about with my new vforum for a few days as we are thinking of moving our 100 + members over from our present home. I have to say that the support one receives on here is second to none, much better than others we have used in the last seven years. The forums themselves are very admin friendly, and I cant think of one thing that seriously needs changing.
As for the ad free prices, I think that perhaps there should be a set monthly rate option, as our forum receives on average nearly 4000 page hits a day, and is going to cost me a lot more than I pay Hyperboards.
I pay Hyperboards $4 which is about £2 per month for ad free but vforums will cost me about £12 per month. {Embarassed}
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: I love it (20th Feb 08 at 10:53pm UTC)
Posted By benalmick on 20th Feb 08 at 10:23pm

I have been fiddling about with my new vforum for a few days as we are thinking of moving our 100 + members over from our present Hyperboards home. I have to say that the support one receives on here is second to none, much better than others we have used in the last seven years. The forums themselves are very admin friendly, and I cant think of one thing that seriously needs changing.
As for the ad free prices, I think that perhaps there should be a set monthly rate option, as our forum receives on average nearly 4000 page hits a day, and is going to cost me a lot more than I pay Hyperboards.
I pay Hyperboards $4 which is about £2 per month for ad free but vforums will cost me about £12 per month. {Embarassed}

At the moment our ad-free prices are aimed at forums with a lower number of pageviews since the majority of forums are still relatively small. If a forum only gets 17,000 views per month then there is no need for them to pay for 50,000 views which the majority of other services have as their minimum number.

At some point in the near future, options for forums with a higher number of monthly views will be made avaliable. For example, the price per 10,000 views could drop when you bulk-buy credits or you could be given free credits when you buy a certain number of credits. However the exact details of things like that still need to be worked out {Smile}

benalmick
Re: I love it (23rd Feb 08 at 7:41pm UTC)
Will be very interested when this happens, but at the moment we will have to run with the ads showing which will displease some of our members. {Rolleyes} £12 per month is more than i can afford out of a tight budget at the moment. {Sad}
 Printable View