vForums Support Banner

Visit Base Classics - Gaming Chairs

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Support :: There’s just a number. - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Reply Printable View
caicai2017
There’s just a number. (7th Dec 17 at 3:52am UTC)Quote Reply
This year, Coach Miller Nike Air Presto Mens has the same routine before each game: He comes Nike Air Huarache Mujer into the locker room and writes the on the whiteboard. Then he talks about Adidas Superstar Homme what to look for from the opposing team. Sometimes we review specific plays we want to, and sometimes we go over film.
But before any of that, Coach Miller goes to the top right corner of the board and writes a big number 5.
He doesn’t say anything else. He doesn’t have to. There’s no big speech or inspiring message.
There’s just a number.
Because that’s all we need. We know what Nike Air Max Tavas Femme it means. We know why we’ve been leaving everything we have on the floor in every game this year.
We’re doing it for Nike Air Max 90 Dames you, Big Steve.
We miss you terribly and we want everyone to know that you’ll never be forgotten. Your laugh and your life lives Nike Air Max 90 Mujer on with this team and with this school. We hope to Nike Air Max 90 Heren Zwart make you proud this spring.“Yeah, I’ll gladly do that.”
Before I left he gave me one piece Nike Air Max Zero Femme of advice.
“Always bring your basketball shoes to practice,” he said. “You’ll want to be ready to impress someone.”
He was right. At practices, the coaches would play me in scrimmages. I’d get right up into a starter’s face, call out picks and do all sorts of little things to Nike Air Max 90 Mujer show my attention to detail. After practice ended, I’d stick around to clean up and then shoot around for an hour or more.
Early on in the 2014–15 season, something crazy happened. Three players suffered season-ending injuries, and two more were dismissed from the team due to an off-court incident. That left us with only seven scholarship players.
I Nike Air Max 90 Womens was sitting on the bench with a Nike Air Max 90 Donne Nero ball in my lap after practice one day when Bill Comar, Dayton’s director of basketball operations, sat down next to me.
I was going to Nike Air Max Thea Womens be a walk-on for the Dayton Flyers. All my hard work had paid off.
“Hey, Bonsu, I’ve got a question for you.”
My heart skipped a beat, but I didn’t say anything.
“You know the situation we’re in with losing all these bodies. How would you like to be—”
 Reply Printable View