vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Report a Bug :: Resolved Bugs :: WYSIWYG - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
This topic was locked 30th May 10 at 11:16pm by Ross
ashkir

[Avatar]

pmtwitterskypemsnyahoo
WYSIWYG (10th Aug 09 at 11:48pm UTC)
I keep getting a lot of errors with this WYSIWYG system.

Formatting looks odd. Text sizes are changing when I am entering, going back, and all of a sudden text is bigger/smaller. Or something disappears.

Now I added a code hereĀ http://timeless.vforums.co.uk/action/modify_post/board/staff/topic/11/post/11/page/1

a ... appeared and when I go to edit it the WYSIWYG vanishes.
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: WYSIWYG (11th Aug 09 at 1:09am UTC)
I have done work with many different WYSIWYG editors and lets face it, none of them are perfect. Especially not when they're trying to combine both high levels of functionality with high security. However I use the WYSIWYG editor here on a daily basis and very rarely have any issues with it, at least not ones which cannot be resolved by some common sense. I recon I have more problems with Microsoft Outlook than with this editor.

You have seen the guide I'm writing on WYSIWYG hints and tips. Have a read of it. It covers things like removing the formatting from text you have copied (which it sounds like your main issue is). I've also written an edit to the "UBBC" pop-up box which enables you to edit and post the UBBC version directly without it being parsed through the editor which should provide a good work around for those who want to edit the UBBC or post a lot of code tags (this is not yet live).

ashkir

[Avatar]

pmtwitterskypemsnyahoo
Re: WYSIWYG (11th Aug 09 at 1:24am UTC)
I tried bringing up the UBBC box, and it came up blank. :[.

Gonna take a look at that guide XD

http://wimg.mp/4ht.png
 Printable View