vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Report a Bug :: Resolved Bugs :: API and  problem - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
dog199200
API and  problem (22nd Jul 09 at 1:07am UTC)
Resolved
Ross;

I though i'd mention that ever since you updated all the forums to v2 the API system is messed up. When it tried to call threads for some reason it keeps adding this  all over in the text as you can see here http://www.shiningashes.net I'm not the only one to notice it and its just how the API is calling the thread cause the Â's don't show up within the thread itself. I have noticed that that if you remove the spacing where the  's are they vanish, but that can't always be the case cause then the paragraphs begin to become crowded. Well sorry for the lack of info i'm  not sure what could be wrong.
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: API and  problem (22nd Jul 09 at 8:11am UTC)
All pages on the forums, including the API, use UTF-8 character encoding. In order for special characters to appear properly on your site, your site should use UTF-8 too. The easiest way to do that is to ensure you have a proper "Content-Type" meta tag. Have at the source of this page to see what it should look like {Smile}

dog199200
Re: API and  problem (22nd Jul 09 at 8:05pm UTC)
ok thanks Ross, now i feel like an idiot.... I forgot to define any of the meta data on my site...
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: API and  problem (23rd Jul 09 at 12:56pm UTC)
I take it that fixed it then? I only knew what it was as I had the same problem with another project not too long ago {Smile}

dog199200
Re: API and  problem (23rd Jul 09 at 5:35pm UTC)
ah yea its fixed after i defined everything
 Printable View