vForums Support Banner

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: General :: General :: Don't talk about the competitors! - View Topic (Page 1 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
This topic was locked 25th Jul 10 at 8:29pm by Graham
conradwbauman
Don't talk about the competitors! (9th Jul 10 at 7:22pm UTC)
lulz
I had been advertising vForums in my signature at ProBoards for awhile. I found a way to get around showing the name and they block that name. So I change it to vBetter! and they block that too! I find it funny how Nazi ProBoards is getting about it. {Tongue Out}

So, I ended up just advertising it in my SigChat. They can't stop me there. {Tongue Out}

By the way, is it against ProBoards TOS to advertise the competitors?
Johnny

pm
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (9th Jul 10 at 10:25pm UTC)
LMAO, ProBoards is scared of the Competition, which is why they block them {Tongue Out}

and i'm not sure if it's against the TOS, their TOS is to long to read {Tongue Out}

I'm about to go for a smoke want one? no? what are you one of those fitness freaks? go **** yourself - The Departed
Jason

[Avatar]
www.random-image.net

Additional Groups:
Spell Checker

pmwww
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (10th Jul 10 at 4:32am UTC)
Posted By conradwbauman on 9th Jul 10 at 7:22pm

I had been advertising vForums in my signature at ProBoards for awhile. I found a way to get around showing the name and they block that name. So I change it to vBetter! and they block that too! I find it funny how Nazi ProBoards is getting about it. {Tongue Out}

So, I ended up just advertising it in my SigChat. They can't stop me there. {Tongue Out}

doubt it's against the TOS... I think it's just a rule on Support.

btw I think I've seen you before somewhere... and it's not just PB support {Tongue Out}

Image Randomizers - official vForums partner
^ Live stats {Grin} ^
conradwbauman
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (10th Jul 10 at 6:10am UTC)

btw I think I've seen you before somewhere... and it's not just PB support {Tongue Out}

Hi frufru, why is your image randomizer website down? I was disheartened when I saw that it was since I was wanting to get one. {Tongue Out}
Jason

[Avatar]
www.random-image.net

Additional Groups:
Spell Checker

pmwww
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (10th Jul 10 at 11:43am UTC)
Posted By conradwbauman on 10th Jul 10 at 6:10am

Hi frufru, why is your image randomizer website down? I was disheartened when I saw that it was since I was wanting to get one. {Tongue Out}

network violations {Sad} . I gotta restructure set of image folders containing over 60,000 images because they don't like me having over 20,000 files in one directory apparently (also there were some huge files sitting around that wasn't being used, but I've taken care of that already). I'm out for a big event today though, so I probably won't be able to get the site back up until sometime on Sunday.

Image Randomizers - official vForums partner
^ Live stats {Grin} ^
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (10th Jul 10 at 1:16pm UTC)
My host hasn't complained about 36k images in one folder! {Tongue Out}
Johnny

pm
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (10th Jul 10 at 2:38pm UTC)

My host hasn't complained about 36k images in one folder! {Tongue Out}

because Wimg pwns all?

-bets they use Wimg- {Shocked}

if you want to say another forum host just make an image {Tongue Out} like this.

they can't ban image hosts, or that will remove people signatures and tick them off xD

I'm about to go for a smoke want one? no? what are you one of those fitness freaks? go **** yourself - The Departed
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (11th Jul 10 at 8:41pm UTC)
Ok guys, how about we stop discussing ways to get around censors that are on other forums? {Smile}

Johnny

pm
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (11th Jul 10 at 11:05pm UTC)

Ok guys, how about we stop discussing ways to get around censors that are on other forums? {Smile}

whatever you say {Tongue Out}

xcessive

pm
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (12th Jul 10 at 2:35am UTC)

Pat made proboards, he pays for the servers, he can be as petulant as he wants.
conradwbauman
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (12th Jul 10 at 2:49am UTC)
I just found it funny, 'tis why I made this thread. {Tongue Out}
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (12th Jul 10 at 12:08pm UTC)
Posted By conradwbauman on 12th Jul 10 at 2:49am

I just found it funny, 'tis why I made this thread. {Tongue Out}

That's fine! =]
allan

pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (19th Jul 10 at 11:08pm UTC)
i used to get to get in trouble all the time on pbs for having a different free forum service that i help mod for in my sig
i understand why they do it but at times it a bit over top.

coming soon
snakeair

[Avatar]
Pimp!

pmwwwtwitteryahoo
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (25th Jul 10 at 5:58am UTC)

Even though i don't visit proboards that much since i have my own thing going and super moderator on a very large webmaster forum, i do love proboards still and can't believe you just said what i just read.

I don't know why you have this thing against proboards but they are still a great provider and i will still recommended them to friends and this forum also. Ross has did a great job in creating this forum with all the new features.

All free forums want there site to be popular with lots of members to hopefully increase there revenue while providing people a free forum to run instead of paying a lot for the other ones. I have used the other ones for years but sold my forums. No free forum owner wants to here people talk about how good another provider is because that free forum owner wants the people to say and use there forums. I agree with Probards for many years that mentioning the competitors is just wrong. Why send someone from one free forum provider to another one when you can just help that one member with there issue with there forum to keep them a happy client?

Blaa, i could go on about what i really think but i don't have too much time to monitor this thread since i have a busy schedule 7 days a week already. lol

Sorry Ross if i offended you but i did not mean anything. I have been with proboards since 2000 but went to the support forum in 2003. {Smile}

Free Advertising Blog - (Accepts Articles In Various Niches)
Write For Us For Free

Free and Premium WordPress Themes - (List updated monthly)
conradwbauman
Re: Don't talk about the competitors! (25th Jul 10 at 8:16pm UTC)
This thread was a joke thread. Wow. {Rolleyes}
 Printable View
Page: 1 2