vForums Support Banner

Visit Base Classics - Gaming Chairs

Welcome Guest! Please Login or Register
vForums Support :: vForums :: Report a Bug :: Color not always working - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
Jedi Slayer

[Avatar]
Sith Lord

pmwwwyahoo
Color not always working (10th Jun 09 at 7:42pm UTC)
The Color Changer or what not in the new editor does not always work, I have gotten several complains from my mods that they work about half the time. Sometimes it shows it colored but than posts it normal.
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Color not always working (10th Jun 09 at 9:04pm UTC)
Do you have links to places that this has happened? {Smile}
Jedi Slayer

[Avatar]
Sith Lord

pmwwwyahoo
Re: Color not always working (10th Jun 09 at 9:09pm UTC)
Yea I just did it in a test board to see what they were seeing

http://swlounge.vforums.co.uk/board/OOC/topic/36/action/view_topic/just-testing#post-1244668077

I made the post with 5 or 6 colors but only 2 came out last post

Edit: It looks like it also created an error from copy and pasting a previously colored post.
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Color not always working (10th Jun 09 at 10:18pm UTC)
I've just tried making a posts on this forum using many varying colours and couldn't produce any errors. For anything like this, I need specific details on how to duplicate it, such as what other formatting is used and what order things are done in {Unsure}

Jedi Slayer

[Avatar]
Sith Lord

pmwwwyahoo
Re: Color not always working (10th Jun 09 at 10:35pm UTC)
We have been having 2 issues: 1 is that sometimes it jsut does not post the colors, but there is no way to duplicate it.

The 2nd issues it the one you can see on the really long post on the link I posted.

ON that I copy and pasted his previous post several times as the complaint I received was the longer the post the more often it messed up. After i pasted that I started trying to just randomly highlight parts and make them different colors from the bottom up. I got about 4 colors before i would not change any more. Than I just posted it, only just 2 colors posted as you can see in some alternating fashion and and the UBBC /color code pooped up on there also which was not in my text at all
Jedi Slayer

[Avatar]
Sith Lord

pmwwwyahoo
Re: Color not always working (23rd Jun 09 at 9:20pm UTC)
I had some reports by my staff while I was gone that we are still having coloring issues and this is a quote of an addtion issue with this

Whenever i try to mod or preview anything the reply box goes weird rather than showing whats been written it incorporates any codes that i have used. For instance when i change a color and then preview it in code in the reply box disappears and im left with a coded/colored text that if i then want to modify has to be deleted and reentered again.

Also for some reason coded lines of text when modified or previewed has a tendency of appearing extremely small in the reply box. Again unless you have seen this its tough to get a real idea of what i mean.

The other issue is when modifying a message, you can no longer type in the the Chat box at the bottom until after you have posted, for some reason it looks it out

The other issue that was sent while i was gone was that occasionally the tect is invisible instead of the color selected.
Ross
Administrator

[Avatar]

Additional Groups:
Support Team

pmwwwtwittergtalkvForum
Re: Color not always working (23rd Jun 09 at 10:01pm UTC)
To answer a few points:

The chat box is not a feature of vForums. You can ask in code support if you want someone to look at it or talk to your chat box provider.

Text cannot be "invisible". It would be the same colour as your window1/2 backgrounds. That could be done by someone pasting coloured text into the message or applying that colour to text they have written. This can be an easy mistake for anyone to make if you have different coloured skins.

Unfortunately I cannot understand the rest of your message. As I have said before, I need a specific example of what doesn't work. How it's duplicated, what it does, screenshots if needed {Unsure}

Jedi Slayer

[Avatar]
Sith Lord

pmwwwyahoo
Re: Color not always working (24th Jun 09 at 2:19pm UTC)
OK I will ask these guys to get me screen shots as it happens, most of the time this is not something I have experienced but someone on the site reporting it to me.

As far as the chat box goes i realize that is not a vforums support product but i worked fine before the beta roll out, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of it as it could be an issue for other things as well.
Michael

[Avatar]
Recoding the future

Additional Groups:
Coding Team

pmtwittervForum
Re: Color not always working (24th Jun 09 at 5:06pm UTC)
No, vForums doesn't have to develop within the bounds of addon-codes... Addon-codes have to be updated to work with new vForums versions! {Smile}
 Printable View